Track Bike Questions

boris

here goes! i have an old 929 blade with a few tasty mods but im just not bonding with it.

i used to have an r6 which i could ride the arse off so im thinking of getting a 2006 on r6 for track use only.

any body on here got or had one and would you reccoment somebody in the upper levels of a inters group to buy one or would any new ish bike be a better improvement over what ive got?

just dont want to fork anymore money out on this bike as ive had it over a year and its just not my cup of tea really.

would love a daytona 675 but for same money as a bog standard one i can buy a completely focused and pimped r6 you see.

any inside info would be great

cheers

it is all in the head - so get something you are comfortable on and can razz the arse off.

I used to have an NC30 for trackdays- was rolling low 150s around Cadwell on it. Took my new to me Mille out last Saturday - low 150s

All in the brains!

Shared a garage at snetterton with a guy on a 2006 r6 and he was running pretty well in the fast group.

Lovely looking things in track form. I'm going to sell the Superduke and get a nice trackbike and a 2006 r6 is on my list I did see a 675 sell for £2800 otherday didn't look at it though so can't comment on shaggedness but I really fancy one of those.

I've just bought a mildly scratched but otherwise (hopefully) ok daytona 675 for £3100. The problem is that things like bling shocks for them tend to be a bit costly, certainly more so than my old srad at least.

I've just bought a mildly scratched but otherwise (hopefully) ok daytona 675 for £3100. The problem is that things like bling shocks for them tend to be a bit costly, certainly more so than my old srad at least.

I have an '11 675 and have been told that the 09-12 3 way shock is pretty good if you have it re-valved. Not Ohlins/Penske/K-tech good of course, but its supposed to be better than the earlier model.

there's usually a few choice bits for the 675 on motoforum. Sprint steering damper on there at the mo for £150, set of race fairings/seat unit for £100 etc.

not shock on there right now but they come up regularly.

As I've just bought the bike I'm a little skinted (not as much as if I'd have paid full asking price) so things like shocks will have to wait, but I'll have a mooch when the coffers recover.

cheers for the help guys!

think i should downsize. im only 5ft6 and 10n alf stone so struggle with the bigger bikes!lol

prob all in my mind tho and should just man up and push it harder maybe? ha ha

if i get one ill post up asap! think ill do my next two track days at brands in 2 weeks first though then all change

• 3 months later...

I used my Ducati 1098 on track last year but I recently bought a bog standard 07 R6 as I didn't want to trash the Duc.

The R6 Is brilliant. It's been reliable, handles so well and the motor is superb. Also, there are loads of bits about for them.

I took it to Aragon in May and it was staying with my mates K5, even on the long straight !

Archived