Replaceing Rear Suspension On Cb900C

Mahatma

Hi.Noticed that my right rear suspension is leaking oil.Would it be easier and cheaper to just buy a new set of suspensions,or service the old?If replacing,does one need special tools to remove it (it's on the centre stand,so rear wheel is hanging in the air),or does it just bolt off and on provided the length is right?

Thanks in advance:)

It depends on whether your standard units are serviceable or not. If the seal needs replacing then the shock will need the gas discharging (if applicable) and the spring removing in any case which needs some more than average toolage. If your shocks are the standard items and you're not looking to fork out for some tasty replacements then the best thing to do would be to find a good 2nd hand one or a set of basic Hagon replacelements. It doesn't make financial sense to have standard equipment items serviced imo.

I would just replace with Hagon or similar to remove is fairly straight forward on center stand I would just chock the back wheel with wood to stop the weight of it falling causing problems. I would also spray the mounting bolts with penetrating oil as you don't want to strip these threads as they are part of the frame and possibly the swing-arm.

Thanks for replies:) Think I'll just replace them with standard suspension,and chuck the air ones.When selling it,maybe I'll just buy a pair of used ones on ebay,and pray they work.

Archived