K&n Filter Cleaning - Stupid Question?

Miner

Folks, been a while since I cleaned one of these and cant remember what's best to use to clean and oil it... got a gallon can of Silkolene air filter cleaner for the KTM's filters but not sure what to use for re-oiling it.

Got Silkolene spray oil for air filters and I've got Motorex green stuff in a can, the latter you've got to work through by hand unless you slap it everywhere and let it soak as it's for foam filters.

What's your thoughts?

Last one of these cotton gauze things I did was the induction kit on my old Corsa (years ago), it was a K&N cone type... think it was the Green Filters kit I used, as it was what we had in the shop at the time. Cant remeber what the cleaner was like but dont think it was as solvent heavy as the stuff for foam filters... the oil was definately quite light for that type, hence why I'm reluctant to use the Motorex stuff... it goes mega sticky but its to stop offroaders eating sand, so not so sure it's any good for cotton gauze filters.

Tank's not coming off today anyway so might add some K&N stuff to my shopping list, keep forgetting to order new brake pads. Cheers. :)

K&N do a kit with cleaner and oil, I am still on my first kit and have cleaned and oiled mine at least 3 times.

K&N do a kit with cleaner and oil, I am still on my first kit and have cleaned and oiled mine at least 3 times.

I've done at least 6 changes with the original kit and there's still plenty left, I think someone is secretly refilling it. Think it's called a recharge kit?

Archived