R1 Brake Help

smobytoe

Hello. I am generally clueless. Not just with things with two wheels but in life in general.

Somehow i was given a radial master cylinder from a k7/8 gsxr 750. My question is…...will it actually help the braking on my 5jj R1? does anyone have a clue cos i don't. I could fit the fooker and find out with trial and error but i thought that someone would have some more knowledge of this sort of things with the ratios and all that stuff……..cheers

rory.

I've found that generally yamaha master cylinders tend to be quite good, less so suzukis. However, if the gsxr one is much newer, which it is, then it may well feel a but more responsive. In terms of ratios etc, it'll be ok, the piston sizes etc are all quite similar, but Suzuki tend to be a bit soft at the lever anyway.

It should work pretty good if it's in good nick mate. Friend of mine has one fitted to his pi R6 and is very impressed with it.

Perfect!!! That's for the info boys! Bike gets mot'd the moro! Then I need to get the beast taxed and will get this biking year started, thank fuck! Hope you are feeling a bit better bob!!

Archived