Tank Sealant

Ray Von

What a pisser, the VF500 all fuelled up, new battery in, started her up, runs ok..ish, then notice fuel dribbling out of a tiny pin hole in the tank, the tank is in pretty good shape, it must be corrosion on the inside, but i don't think it is badly corroded as i have had the fuel tap out to clean the filter and that was clean as a whistle, so i need to seal it, anybody had any joy with tank sealers?

Be careful , some of the older sealers don't seem to cope well with modern petrol , the ethanol eats into them.

I need to look into this myself , but haven't had a chance yet , best bet is a trawl through classic bike and car forums .

Oh and just sussed your sig ... waaaooooh !

Used some of the latest version of petseal ( supposedly ethanol proof ) on a rusty GTS tank recently , be aware that the contents of the tin settle so make sure you've got all the stuff out and mixed up before you add the hardener , if you've done it right the tank will get hot , maybe to hot too hold ! , it then needs to keep in a warm place for a couple of days to fully cure , read the instructions . it seems to be working fine so far

Archived