Listing To Port Cap'n!

hoona6

* that's Crap French Car Related.

Well the Renault Cli(t)o leans to the right front (driver's side). It sits lower than the other side (when parked up) and going round any left hander at speed results in a fair old degree of wallow.

The car's had new springs and dampers all round and new front ARB bushes so that's unlikely to be ze probleme. Whilst it's undeniably the case that the driver's eaten too many pies I very much doubt that that's the reason either.

Sensible (and not so sensible) suggestions very warmly welcomed.

Tanks very mooshe :icon_salut:

Logically thinking the coil spring is what supports the weight of the car, check it dude, jack the fucker up and have a really REAlly good look at it, right up at the top where it sits against the strut top.

I take it its the front which has the more pronounced lean?

Logically thinking the coil spring is what supports the weight of the car, check it dude, jack the fucker up and have a really REAlly good look at it, right up at the top where it sits against the strut top.

I take it its the front which has the more pronounced lean?

Correctamundo. Will check either tomorrow night or Saturday and report back. :icon_salut:

Do you have coil springs or torsion-bar's on the rear axel?? Some erly model clio's had torsion-springs on the rear axel, they can be ajusted, and if it's not ajusted correct it will affect the hight off the car.

Camber of the road surface? Is your driveway level? Are your wheels all the same size? It's a French car, so maybe the shocks on that side are on strike? If it's causing a problem, just jack that side of the car up till it's level. If you use a trolley jack you should be able to drive as normal.

I'm bored....

If you want me to take a looksie let me know, you can pop round for a brew and we can jack her up.

Ill ask my mechanic mate if he knows any common faults, hes pretty good.

What year is the French shitester?

If you want me to take a looksie let me know, you can pop round for a brew and we can jack her up.

Ill ask my mechanic mate if he knows any common faults, hes pretty good.

What year is the French shitester?

Gregoriously generous. That would be good chap. It's an 02 plate. :icon_salut:

Had a good look around today and noticed that the front strut tops do not sit flush with the body of the car. Further the gap between the rubber top and the body are different left and right. Presumably this isn't right? :eusa_think:

Archived