Ducati 600/750/900 Parts Question

Kayla

We're probably picking up a 600SS in the next day or so and am wondering what parts are interchangeable, if any, with the larger SSs and the Monsters of that age. I'm mainly interested in the exhaust systems, in that if I have a full system made for the 600SS can it also be used on the Monster 600?

I think most of the exhausts for the early Monsters and SS' are interchangeable. The Monsters might be slightly lower.

Brake calipers, forks, swingarms wheels etc are mostly swappable too. I'd like SS forks and a swingarm in my M750.

Nope very limited between monster and ss.

Check the DSC site , the DD racers will have all the answers you need. I raced an SS and could only swap within the SS stables. Monster guys the same .

Even the ranges SS or Monster can need tweaking.

I ran 900ss ally swinger and 750 twin system on my 600 SS , dynojet kit , stage 2 jets, iirc.

Kevin ( skid lids) on Dsc knows all and sundry.

Miss my 600 racer!!

Tom, the Monster and ss rear suspension is totally different, the Injected monsters had different rear suspension again, based on the ST2 set up.

Kayla, Not sure on the differences between 600 and 900 headers, or between monster and ss tail pipes. There's a huge number of parts you can interchange on Ducati but there rarely straight bolt on swaps.

I find this sight very helpful. http://www.ducati.ms/forums/5-ducati-motorcycle-forums/

Be warned, buying a Ducati is a slippery slope, they're quite addictive. Try and get hold of a 900ss, they're lovely road bikes.

Kayla.

On the 600 to 900 engine swop only needed new half moon flanges the same headers/link pipes/cans fitted. Required new half moon flanges (ooer, fnarr etc etc) as the previous fell apart.

Now then this is all based on a 600 Monster to 900ss motor swop.

Tom, the Monster and ss rear suspension is totally different, the Injected monsters had different rear suspension again, based on the ST2 set up.

Kayla, Not sure on the differences between 600 and 900 headers, or between monster and ss tail pipes. There's a huge number of parts you can interchange on Ducati but there rarely straight bolt on swaps.

I find this sight very helpful. http://www.ducati.ms/forums/5-ducati-motorcycle-forums/

Be warned, buying a Ducati is a slippery slope, they're quite addictive. Try and get hold of a 900ss, they're lovely road bikes.

Thanks :) It's not for me, although I will be riding it for a bit until the V5 turns up with my name on it :lol: I'm pretty much done with big diesels as road bikes.

Fuelline- thanks for that. I might look into having a system made while the bike is mine.

On a related note, is there a reason why they use a 2-2 system and not a 2-1? Is it form or function? I'm thinking that a 2-1 will be lighter and won't need to be repaired if the bike goes down on the left side.

Archived