Gsxr 600 Srad Calipers

Marge

Anyone know what other calipers will fit a 600 SRAD? since putting new pads in, my front calipers are binding. i've been down the split in half/emery ribbon/wd40 route and am now looking at replacement.

Does anyone know what else fits, to widen the ebay search? I dont want to spend a fortune as its going up for sale to fund a supermono project, so i'm hoping to find a decent pair on ebay to put on.

Fireblade? Are you sure? Nissins tend to be a different spacing from tokicos, unless you go for the older gsxr tokicos, which are really quite nice calipers.

Fireblade? Are you sure? Nissins tend to be a different spacing from tokicos, unless you go for the older gsxr tokicos, which are really quite nice calipers.

I did see a set of Triumph calipers on a GSXR once and they are the same basic 4 pot Nissin caliper as the early 'Blade like I had, unless, as you say, the pitch is different.

Ignore me then, I may just have made a twat of myself (again)

The triumph ones are the same as the stock srad 600 I think, bar the badge on the side, but I think they're tokicos not nissins. Of course, I could be wrong too. Anyway, I'd look out for a set of tidy late cradle framed gixer nissins, the same as rgv and early bandit 12, a much better caliper than the tokicos. I have to say, amid all the development that must've gone into the srad, the brakes were a backward step in my opinion, both in the 6 and 750.

Archived