Compressor Power Supply

sonic

I'm after a compressor for my workshop and have found the one I want.However it states that it has an industrially rated motor and can't be run via extension leads,by which I take it to mean 13 amp 3 pin sockets?My workshop is connected by a breaker board to the house so what do I need to do to uprate it??It isn't 3 phase I know that.

Mark.

Electrically it can either be 3 phase, 110 volt or 240 volts. If you are sure it is not the first two, plug it in, switch it on. Industry rated will be to do with regulations. There should be a plate on it with how much power it needs. if it is more than 3000 VA then worry.

if it blows the 13amp fuse, some people might make a new one out of an m6 bolt. this might help. this probably isnt recommended. your ring main breaker is 32amps...

kittens may or may not die

Probably means it needs a 16a supply. Just done an ac/dc welder that needed one.

Run a 2.5t&e cable from fuseboard to where you want your compressor and stick a 16a socket in :

20698.jpg

Then stick a 16a plug on your new toy :

36883.jpg

Be aware the only fuse protecting you is the new 16a MCB youve just put in you fuseboard , dont stick it on a 32a or the cable will melt before the fuse blows :)

Or stick a 13a plug on and see how long it runs before it pops. Will defiantely pop if you plug it into an extension :wacko:

Archived