Yzf 750 + R1 Motor????

harley speed

YZF 750 + R1 Motor????

Is it possable?

I know everyone does the 1000 EXUP motor swap , R1 more power and lighter?

Your thoughts before I even think about it.

let the banter begin

The Exup motor in the YZF frame is fairly straightforward fit, with minor modifications necessary AFAIK, because the mounts pretty much line up bar one pair.

An R1 motor does not share the same DNA as it were and so would not necessarily line up in the same manner.

It may be more of an engineering challenge to do it.

A

The Exup motor in the YZF frame is fairly straightforward fit, with minor modifications necessary AFAIK, because the mounts pretty much line up bar one pair.

An R1 motor does not share the same DNA as it were and so would not necessarily line up in the same manner.

It may be more of an engineering challenge to do it.

A

Im surprised no one has done it. Or have they? The frames look very similar .

I'd hazard a guess that the YZF rolling chassis is a lot heavier than that of the R1. The YZF has a very short swingarm too, as opposed to the short frame and long swingarm of the R1. IMO you'd just be making a worse R1.

I would have thought that as the R1 has a stacked gearbox, you would have issues with position of carbs/airbox/tank and you would have exhaust length issues too as the engine is much shorter? <this make sense in my head,sort of.

Maybe stating the obvious, why not buy an early R1 as the chassis is built for the R1 engine. I had a 1000 Exup motor in my old YZF750SP and it was really good, shame the brakes were lethal!

Dont go down the 'spunking hard earned on creating a bike that is not actually as good as the real thing' road, I did and it still hurts....

Archived