The Curse Has Returned..

porkscratchin

...thanks to a faulty Oxford trickle charger my battery was not charging.

well it's charged now and working fine as is the bike but that bloody FI light refuses to go out...

....methinks Suzuki's don't like me.

:eusa_wall:

Some people remove the whole gubbins or disconnect it.Have heard the servo plays up as well on the SET thing under the seat.

As others say give it a clean and see if the light goes out.TPS will also throw up the light,but do the SET one 1st.

Some people remove the whole gubbins or disconnect it.Have heard the servo plays up as well on the SET thing under the seat.

As others say give it a clean and see if the light goes out.TPS will also throw up the light,but do the SET one 1st.

the whole servo and gubbins was already removed from the k6 thou, which was nice

the whole servo and gubbins was already removed from the k6 thou, which was nice

:icon_salut:

Did you also disconnect pin 5 from the black harness under seat area? The wire is Black with a brown tracer.You probably did but just checking like...

...thanks to a faulty Oxford trickle charger my battery was not charging.

well it's charged now and working fine as is the bike but that bloody FI light refuses to go out...

....methinks Suzuki's don't like me.

:eusa_wall:

You want to sell it, mate, its cursed.

then, once you've got rid, find yourself a nice black K6 model with a 'factory fit' Arrow half-system with all the FI lights and wires pre-sorted by Suzuki UK so that you don't get any of those FI light problems..... :icon_salut:

If only there was someone here selling such a bike soon..... :eusa_whistle:

Yup. I removed everything from mine and snipped the wire under the seat. Job done (basically your telling the bike it has an aftermarket full system on and therefore have no exhaust valve instructions of what wire to snip are on the yoshimura website somewhere)

....of course you need to be sure its actually the exhaust valve causing the fault. You can get a dealer mode switch (or search google for suzuki ghetto dealer mode) that will display the list of recorded faults with a code number. Probably best check that before you start throwing things away...

G

Pork,

Ive got a gsxr1000 Lo. Im still running the set valve and its taken to squeaking when I turn the bike on.( Ive tried to keep it lubed/clean as best I can.)Any how, I found that if my bike had been parked for say a week or so without use, when I came to use it, the FI light would come on. Turn the bike on and off a few times to cycle the set valve and it went away. Also If I started using the bike most days the SET valve seems to be ok again.

im planning on junking the whole thing. Just see it as as crap that does not need to be there.

:icon_salut:

Did you also disconnect pin 5 from the black harness under seat area? The wire is Black with a brown tracer.You probably did but just checking like...

err, I think it must already be disconnected. Mr Incredible did mention something about it at the time I purchased the steed.

The exhaust valve servo and cables came separately in a plastic bag, which now resides at the back of my garage, never to see the light of day again hopefully.

whatever, there's no FI warning light issues on mine. That might change shortly though as I am looking at disposing of the PAIR [emissions] gubbins

• 1 month later...

Bite bullet and buy new battery time, FI light permanently on and after fully charging battery it's flat after a couple of days.

I will imagine that once the new battery is on the FI light will disappear and all in the world will be good (except for the Oxford trickle charger which will be in the bin)

there is also a simple way to trip dealer fault mode, by jumping in to some harness under a seat or under some shit in the back-get to the gsxr site.

Battery all good, FI light is still on...i am orf to a site to get the bypass bilble...

• 2 weeks later...

Bypass done , FI light OUT!

blat followed by coffee stop bike off.

Back on bike after coffee FI light ON! :wtfmore::eusa_wall:

A day later the light just decided to go out of it's own accord after i thrashed her within an inch of her life (or the bulbs blown, either way i don't care)

I'm liking my new battery though it's got four terminals in case you want to add more stuff on or have the terminal leads a bit closer/better position.

Archived