Recommend Torque Wrench

ccubed

Can any one recommend a nice small torque wrench. I have a big one for wheel nuts and so on. I would like one for engine rebuilding up to about 25nm. 1/4 drive. To go with my 1/4 drive halfords pro socket set.

Do not touch Draper ones!!!! Total crap!!!

Bought one & it would not click so sent it back & the 2nd one lasted 2 mins before going the same way.

I tried to contact Draper directly & got no where. :eusa_wall:

Draper is sh*t. :excl:

Can any one recommend a nice small torque wrench. I have a big one for wheel nuts and so on. I would like one for engine rebuilding up to about 25nm. 1/4 drive. To go with my 1/4 drive halfords pro socket set.

got a teng 1/4 drive which is nice bit of kit and not too much money

My vote also goes for the halfords 3/8 one , nice bit of kit and cheap aswell.

From what i can gather its made by beta

This is the one I have too, excellent bit of kit.

GD

Sealey STW1011 - Torque Wrench Micrometer Style 3/8"Sq Drive 7-112Nm/5-83lb.ft is what I have. I think anyway! It is part of the Premierline range. Works well and never been any problems. Though the Halfords stuff is good too.

I just bought me a Halfords one too. It's had a fair bit of use over the Xmas hols and I am very impressed with it.

It feels like a very nice bit of kit to use.

so we don't think there is a quarter inch version. I have a 3/8 drive I was thinking of something just for the small stuff

Hendo, is that the red handled one. Does 5 to 25 nm and angular measurement. already getting excited about that. Just 10 ins long.which is enough for any one.!!

Hendo, is that the red handled one. Does 5 to 25 nm and angular measurement. already getting excited about that. Just 10 ins long.which is enough for any one.!!

Phnaaar!

Yes the 1/4" drive one is a little tiddler.

http://www.teng.co.uk/1492ag-e-teng-tools-1-or-4-inches-drive-5-25nm-torque-wrench_1487_pd.asp

I bought it for the same reason as Ray Von, to do the TZR's head bolts up.

1/4" drive does 5 to 25NM

3/8" drive does 19 to 110NM

1/2" drive does 40 to 210NM

Well worth the money IMO, you'd be surprised how un-tight bolts should be done up if that makes sense.

I also have a teng for small stuff, it's red innit! Lovely thing to use...

For 1/2 inch drive and larger forces I have a clerke one, does the job.

Thanks people. I have ordered the Teng one. Looking forward to its lovelyness.

Another vote for Teng, I have 1/4" one and it's a nice wrench. I also have 3/8" Powerbuilt one which I find easier to use and overall a better wrench...

1325950256' post=644126]

Halfords 3/8" one is perfect for most bike jobs. £50 or thereabouts.

Use a 3/8 -to-1/4" adapter.

Agreed its the best you can get without spending silly money. I've also got 1/4 inch drive screwdriver torque wrench from RS which is nice as I did not have to pay for itrolleyes.gif

Alex, I only just got mine, so a bit early to tell. It has quite an industrial feel to it.not as smooth and shiny as halfords pro stuff. But it is red which ads some psudo sexiness. At the end of the day it is likely to be good enough for me but for 40 squids it is not Snap on.

Archived