Battery Cable Question

Kermit

On my Laverda I have to connect 4 cables to each battery terminal.

2 large earth and positive cables and then a smaller wire to each terminal from the regulator. Now I'm fitting an Anderson connector to allow me to quickly fit a booster battery there are 4 wires/cables to each terminal.

The lightweight battery has small terminals and it is hard to secure all 4 to the the small bolt on terminal.

I am thinking about connecting a piece of metal with several holes in it (like a piece of meccano, but sturdier) to the terminal and then connecting the cables to the holes one at a time.

Would this work or will it cause problems. I'd have to make sure the positive side was well insulated od course.

I thank you.

Kermit

On my Laverda I have to connect 4 cables to each battery terminal.

2 large earth and positive cables and then a smaller wire to each terminal from the regulator. Now I'm fitting an Anderson connector to allow me to quickly fit a booster battery there are 4 wires/cables to each terminal.

The lightweight battery has small terminals and it is hard to secure all 4 to the the small bolt on terminal.

I am thinking about connecting a piece of metal with several holes in it (like a piece of meccano, but sturdier) to the terminal and then connecting the cables to the holes one at a time.

Would this work or will it cause problems. I'd have to make sure the positive side was well insulated od course.

I thank you.

Kermit

It'd work, but something like http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300V-30A-8-Screw-Connector-Barrier-Terminal-Strip-Block-/400265856718?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item5d31b446ce

Might be neater. I'm sure I've seen an a smaller automotive type as well.

Again - yes. I wouldn't use those type of block connectors I had a Mini with that style going to the fuse box and it was nothing but troulble.

You should be able to find crimp on connectors that join the two larger and the smaller ones together before the battery terminals. Try Vehicle wiring products

Thanks guys.

You've put my mind at rest.

I'll have a look see at different options, but there's not a lot of space to work with so whatever takes up least room.

Maybe just bolt the three cables to one end of a short length

of cable and make one connection to each battery terminal.

Kermit

Archived