Triumph St 955i Fuel Problems

farley8

guys i need some tech help <br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 255); "><br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 255); ">i am having loads of problems with my 03 plate st 955i<br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 255); "><br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 255); ">i am slowly sorting some out to find others occurring, i had a black 99t plate and never had a squeek out of it, however, the new one is spending more time in bits than i am riding it!!<br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 255); "><br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 255); "><br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 255); ">the latest big problem is when i run the bike up the petrol tank is pressurising to such a degree that about 20 minutes after i switch it off, the fuel is leaking out of the filler cap down the side of the bike, if you open the filler cap the fuel is spurting out everywhere, i have never seen this on a bike before and have no idea why??<br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 255); "><br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 255); ">can someone help??<br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 255); "><br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 255); ">i have a red and silver fuel connector on the bike, i am connecting the silver to the small tube attachment to the tank, with the red slotting directly into the tank, is this the correct way around??

<br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 255); "><br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 255); ">please helps me out guys i am getting really frustrated with what is otherwise a great bike.......<br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 255); "><br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 255); "><br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 255); ">thanksdamn.gif

I will try that again dont know what happened with the post

I have a triumph ST 955i on a 03 plate, i am having massive problems with the fuelling, i run the bike up no problems, about 20 minutes after shutting it off, the fuel tank is pressurising so much that the fuel is leaking out of the fuel filler cap, if you open the filler cap the petrol is spurting out everywhere.

i have tried everything i can think of with no success, when i opened the airbox there was a small amount of fuel in there too.

i had a 99t model st955 and never had a peep out of it the new one spends more time in bits than me riding it....

any ideas would be really appreciated as i am at my wits end with this thing

thanx

farley

everything on these things is built into the side of the tank

everything appears to be in order but cannot see why it's not releasing the pressure, really odd

well i sorted out the problem the breather pipe valve for the tank was completely blocked with road crap, i do ride all year around will have to watch it in future

thanx for the suggestions guys was a big help, was so focused on one thing it was staring me in the face literally!!

farley

Archived