Exhaust Stud Problems

baggy

I have been changing the downpipes on my CBR600F sport and one of the exhaust studs now tightens to a certain point and then goes loose and comes out again and at it tightest before it goes loose it is not anywhere neat tight enough. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? :confused:

Cheers

is the stud coming out??...with the nut still on the end,as in the honda long socket nut,if this is the case the nut needs to be removed of the stud,as the nut is locked on the stud and is not going down the thread to tighten the collar up.......

Cheers mate, yeah the nut is stuck on the stud. I will buy a new stud because the nut is well and truly stuck on the stud.

I though it might have been going in far enough because it tightens then goes loose and just pulls out.

you will need a helli coil kit to re do the thred,if you have not done this before,then get some one who can,and not just say they can....some one who has full knowledge of the way to do the helli coil,as you can make it even badder...

were are you from as im in north Shropshire.

Nah mate has been running round on his cbr600 with a couple of exhaust studs missing, sounds ok..!

Archived