Sp1 Airbox/snorkel Mod.

wil.co.

Hello all, Just thinking of ways to improve my bike, without spending my heard earnt money from on tour, and got to thinking about the airbox, which I have been told is quite small on the sp's. After looking at various sites, and seeing that they are a bit expensive, I was wondering something. I have already done the flapper mod on the snorkel, but looking at some CF versions, they look like straight through items, where the stock has a split in the middle for some reason. Would there be a problem with me just dremeling the split out, and making the stock into a straight through one?

Any help would be brilliant, cheers!!

Wil.

Hello all, Just thinking of ways to improve my bike, without spending my heard earnt money from on tour, and got to thinking about the airbox, which I have been told is quite small on the sp's. After looking at various sites, and seeing that they are a bit expensive, I was wondering something. I have already done the flapper mod on the snorkel, but looking at some CF versions, they look like straight through items, where the stock has a split in the middle for some reason. Would there be a problem with me just dremeling the split out, and making the stock into a straight through one?

Any help would be brilliant, cheers!!

Wil.

I did the same with my vfr cut the snorkel and flapper valve out and glassed the top over it gives a lovely induction growl

Archived