Fzr400rr Sp Front Wheels

Thom_1991

I'm sure evilchicken will be able to tell you, and maybe also clarify if the TRX uses the same wheel too; he had a pair of trx wheels off me for his fzr400.

Kayla may well know too. She knows her Yams fo shizz

Word, innit :)

The SP wheels use different bearings, or at least the fronts do (I think) so you need one from a 'normal' 3TJ/4DX. The TRX850 and FZR600R (4JH) wheels are the same as the 3TJ wheel, and use a 17mm bearing. Your discs will fit these wheels, and the wheel will fit straight in the Fazer forks and unless they've got a really narrow pitch (the 3TJ/TRX/4JH pitch is 200mm) or the hub width is different, everything should work ok :)

All FZR400s are not the same. The early bikes (1WG) used a 3 x 17 wheel with a 15mm spindle.

Clear? No? Jolly good :lol: If you get stuck, PM me if you want. I've got loads of different combinations of stuff here.

that link is to a thread where someone has used an sp wheel and it did bolt in and the discs were the right size. so if the sps wheel is unique i need an sp one no other Yamaha will do the job?

Or there isn't a difference.think i'll take a punt with one of the ones you suggested kayla then just reebay it or stick it on here if its wrong. cheers!

It'd be cheaper and easier to find a normal wheel than an SP one, they're pretty hard to find and tend to be hoarded by racers and if you're patient you should be able to find one for not much cash, I got one for £12 a few weeks ago.

The SP had different bearings because they used captive spacers.

The standard 3TJ / 4DX wheels will fit in in exactly the same way if you use the spacer and a speedo drive.

The TRX850 front Lawrance sold me dropped straight in when I had standard forks and also when I changed to SP units. The rear didn't fit but I only wanted the tyre. The FZR600R Foxeye uses the same wheels and to be honest you stand a better chance of finding those than a 3TJ for reasonable money.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived