Emulsification Of The Oil

rsb

I came off my bike the other night and have started to repair it for use again but have noticed that the oil has become milky I know this is caused by water getting into the oil but my question is can this be caused by the bike being on its side? Or is it more serious? When i came off the bike i wasnt going fast just wet leaves the only damage was the peg snapped and the exhaust took a knock.

not sure when the oil was changed last as i only had the bike for a couple of weeks I know the oil was fine then as i checked it. the engine had been running for about 10-15 minutes.

perfectly normal for this time of year, especially if it hasnt been properly warmed up or used much recently. alot of people make the mistake of 'warming the bike up' every couple of weeks during the winter lay-up, and do more harm than good. all very well getting the water warm, but its the oil that needs to be up to temp, and this takes ages if theres no load on the motor. :thumbsup:

Thanks Kanerdog ill have a look at it tomorrow was gunna do oil change next year anyway. but very helpful to know that its normal. Got the exhausts off and gunna take some work to sort them out looks like welding is to be done on them but ill sort that out at work. Its a kawasaki en400 tomfoolery

perfectly normal for this time of year, especially if it hasnt been properly warmed up or used much recently. alot of people make the mistake of 'warming the bike up' every couple of weeks during the winter lay-up, and do more harm than good. all very well getting the water warm, but its the oil that needs to be up to temp, and this takes ages if theres no load on the motor. :thumbsup:

^ This.

Most likely condensation in the engine cases.

Archived