Speedo

Richy

I need a push bike (cycle) speedo for the ZX7/9R thing, got a rev counter etc. so just need a speedo which will read more than 99mph and hopefully back lit. Any recomendations?

Dont know of any that are back lit, but I currently use a Sigma sport 800 on my Aprilia RS257, think it cost about a tenner. The bikes only geared for just over 100mph, but the speedo reads this high. I've used Sigmas in the past on GSXRs and had the reading in excess of 160mph.

Dont know of any that are back lit, but I currently use a Sigma sport 800 on my Aprilia RS257, think it cost about a tenner. The bikes only geared for just over 100mph, but the speedo reads this high. I've used Sigmas in the past on GSXRs and had the reading in excess of 160mph.

+1. Had a sigma (of which model Im now unsure)on firstly a fireblade and then my srad which appeared to read accurately at legal velocities and even at the higher end of the speedo. In contrast, a cateye that I also had would lose its marbles at anything over 120kmh or so (as this was approximately 13 years ago my memory might be slightly unreliable in terms of exact speeds but you get the gist of things)

Archived