Honda Exhaust Clamps

bignige

I'm looking for an alternative to these, mainly coz they are a little expensive and rust prone.

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/VFR800FIW-1998/part_23787/

I had thought that these would be perfect..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mikalor-W4-Supra-W4-Clamps-40-43mm-FULL-304-Stainless-/320725623781?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aacbca3e5

But they don't seem able to take the torque of the standard Honda ones (no surprise there i suppose)

Ideally i'd like a

x2 40- 43 mm and

55- 59 for the end can.

Best part of £50 for 3 clamps from 'onda for the VFR.

Car type u clamps in these sizes?

Your suggestions please?

I'd guess that they won't take the same torque as the pukka honda ones as they're stainless and hence have slightly different properties. That said, they state that the bolt's up to 8.8, which if that won't tighten up enough to stop and exhaust blowing then you've got a problem with your exhaust, not your clamp.

The standard 'onda clamps had a M8 bolt (if i remember right) the Ebay ones are M6.

The standard mild steel? exhaust seemed to have more give than the Motad stainless one.

The standard can end clamp has a 2 bolt fitting, i'm trying to do it on the cheap with a single bolt one.

Me, heavy handed?

:icon_blackeye:

I don't think paste is the solution, tho thanks for the advice.

I've noticed it before on other stainless systems i've fitted, just less "give" in these systems.

Might buy the Honda ones and get them zinc plated.

um, what about mikalor clamps? very strong, and if you get the posh ones they are full stainless so its a clamp for life.... search for 'supra t w4'

oh, just noticed the op pointed in the direction of mikalor clamps. do you have any idea how tight you can do them up??! they are bloody strong.

Archived