Dry-break Couplings

tonk

Has anyone fitted these or know where to get them? Staubli make them but they are about £200 per connector. I don't want to skimp on essential stuff like brake lines but that is slightly ever so very expensive. I don't need them, I just want some.

I'm hoping Mark/Foggy or Martin G will pop up with some endurance supplier contacts....:blush:

you pay for wot you get with these things. :icon_salut:

Is that a bit like 'you get what you pay for' Sie? You nutter! So are there any alternatives to Staubli? Do these things ever get sold on or would be madness to consider second-hand?

Staubli are the top manufacturers of them, as used by most top level race teams. GP bikes use Brembo ones which I don't believe are available to the general public.

HEL make them too, you could ring them up for a quote with them made into a new set of lines. Clickety Click! Can't vouch for the quality of them though - I would imagine due to the price they're not as up to spec as the Staubli ones.

Thanks Cibber, I'll be able to search t'web better at home later. I know they are totally unnceccessary (for me) but I can't help it :pbtwerplr3:

I've just done a search on this forum and found a similar post from 2009 where Tootall PM'd the guy who asked so I'm guessing he might know something interesting.....

*goes to find Tootall*

if you want some free samples ill send you a set as i have a box full of them not the ones you are after,but they are quite nice ill send you a set to start with,they are the make your own as in compression ring type (ideal to see if you like the idea)...no that does sound naughty :lol:...shore they are rated to 20 bar

if you want some free samples ill send you a set as i have a box full of them not the ones you are after,but they are quite nice ill send you a set to start with,they are the make your own as in compression ring type (ideal to see if you like the idea)...no that does sound naughty :lol:...shore they are rated to 20 bar

Oo Oo me too sir, please sir me too!

Want me to PM you my address and I'll pay for the postage mate?

Tom

I've been wanting to fit a set to t'blade with me brake upgrade, but they are just too damn expensive!!!!

If there are a cheaper set out there I'd be into it!

if they are any good ill have the lot off,and ill sort a deal out for all,but i just want to see if they are to the spec of brake lines use. :icon_salut:...if they are not hi-hi pressure,the injection fuel lines only.

Hmmm, do it yourself dry break lines.

What could possibly go wrong?

Gah ya big jess where's ya sense of adventure?! ;) I mostly likely wouldn't use it for that anyway, I don't think you'd be able to as from what Si's told me the diameter is too small.

I believe Goodridge offer dry breaks on there brake lines now aswell, If memory serves there calling it the G-Link system or some such,

but ive got no idea on a price.....yet, cos I want some.

The only reason I can see for running dry break couplings, is for that Endurance racer chic, and nowt wrong with that. But if your going for looks it's got to be the Staublis or the Hels at a push.

I have 2 reservations about using either on road bikes. 1 Mot regs aren't keen on aluminnium brake fittings, and secondly I wouldn't trust them after they've been caked in road dirt and crud a couple of times.

I've worked with the Staublis on brake , oil and fuel lines and never had a problem with them, but they've always been on immaculatly maintained race cars.

I believe Goodridge offer dry breaks on there brake lines now aswell, If memory serves there calling it the G-Link system or some such,

but ive got no idea on a price.....yet, cos I want some.

F-ing expensive. I asked the guy at the goodridge stand at WSB. For the two front lines you were looking at over £200 IIRC (2x male, 2x female couplings)...

F-ing expensive. I asked the guy at the goodridge stand at WSB. For the two front lines you were looking at over £200 IIRC (2x male, 2x female couplings)...

Half the price of Staublis then.

Archived