Brake Hose Banjos

MonkeyJim

I am looking at getting a set of braided hoses for the K6, as it's still on the original rubber hoses.

front ones are the priority obviously, i will be sorting a set of goodridge or Hel ones.

But my question relates to the rear brake hose:

I've got a spare [brand new & unused] goodridge braided line, which was picked up as a spare for the R1 , but looks like it would be the correct length for the gsxr.

it came with new s/s banjo bolts and copper crush washers - are the banjo bolts the same fitting for suzuki and yamaha?

or will I need to get some new ones?

I am a suzuki nooooob, I have only ever known yamaha. So enlighten me please, oh learn-ed ones

A copy & paste from HEL's website

**Note: Many Suzuki motorcycles will use a mix of M10x1.25 and M10x1.00 bolts on the rear brakes.*

http://helperformance.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=10&products_id=3522

I stand corrected lol. I've not seen the x1mm myself but there we go.

I happen to have a brand new ss m10x1 single line bolt though if you need one :)

thanks for the replies. Alex I might take you up on the brake banjo anyway

another Q re brake lines. The current OE setup has one line from m/c down to the RHS caliper, then a loop over the mudguard to the LHS caliper.

I would prefer to change this to two full length lines from the m/c. anyone done this? will there be any clearance issues betwixt m/c & fairing if there's a double length banjo bolt sticking out instead of a single?

done it on the Srad its about 12 mm further out

extra banjo + seal. stick a bit that thick on the

end and check for clearance

Hth

good thinking, I will do that. cheers

In my experience banjos don't vary from bike manufacturers, they vary from brake manufacturers, plus on some bikes they throw in an extra splitter bit to go between the calipers and the master cylinder. Certainly tokico and nissin use different threads, plus you then get some bikes with nissin master cylinders and tokico calipers, or perhaps sumitomos on yamahas, meaning you have a mix on one bike. You need to speak to whoever's supplying your hoses and tell them what you're wanting and hopefully they'll know the thread size. Of course, a really good way is to take the bolt off and measure the thread pitch: Count 10 threads and see how long the distance is 10mm or 12.5mm, or you could buy a thread gauge for a few quid. 99% of the time they're M10, just different thread pitch, except on some brembo calipers which have different bolt size altogether, mainly because they're awkward fuckers. Then you've got bleed nipple sizes, because you'll be wanting to get them in stainless too, won't you?

"Then you've got bleed nipple sizes, because you'll be wanting to get them in stainless too, won't you?"

loz,it's a gixxaah;they'll be anododised :P

Although being serious Titanium would also be nice.

Archived