Removing Smog Breather Type Stuff

lorenzo

Just had a thought, what's the forum opinions on the pros and cons of fitting an air induction removal kit to get rid of the smog stuff? Is it hassle to fit and is it going to see let me see any benefit etc? Something like this one.

It makes it easier to get at the plugs when it's time to change them and it stops the popping on the overrun if you've got aftermarket cans fitted.

Other than that, not much benefit.

That Ivan's a cheeky bastard... £35 for a rubber bung and a blanking plate that you could knock up yourself from an offcut of ally?

I looked into these Ivans kits for the Fazer but I'll keep me £35 and enjoy the pops and bangs on t'overrun.

Apparently it allows for a more accurate reading when setting up on a dyno allegedly - no power gains.

I junked all my tubes n shit ages ago as it's unnecessary, my plates are made by Honda Racing (HM Plant), but once you take off the tubes n shit, you could just block the holes off with bungs. That's what I did for ages until the others turned up. Alternativley, 5mm Ally and make your own using the top castings as templates. - Be sure to remove the small reed valves inside the cam cover and use gasket sealant around them.

And no they're not really a hassle to fit on your R1, just and airbox off job. As your bike is going to be track only (I think?) You may as well junk them, you may need the extra weight savings to get past Tanuki ;)

T

5mm Ally and make your own using the top castings as templates.

I like this idea lots

you may need the extra weight savings to get past Tanuki ;)

I doubt it, I've got a cunning plan involving his brake lines and some secatuers from the garden.

I've just blocked up the air pipe going down to it , did toy with the idea of making blanking plates but can't be arsed , if you disconnect the solenoid it will come up with a fault code so it could lead to a lot of faffing about , I have re routed my engine breather from into the airbox to up the l'h side of the motor and into the top cowl with a little K and N type filter on the end then block the hole in the airbox , dunno if it makes any difference as I've not ridden it since I've done it

Archived