R1 Battery

TheGoat

How do?

My battery seems to be failing to hold a charge for more than a few days. So i reckon me needs a new one. Anyone got any suggestions of where/which to buy?? ta.

How do?

My battery seems to be failing to hold a charge for more than a few days. So i reckon me needs a new one. Anyone got any suggestions of where/which to buy?? ta.

best money you'll ever spend is on a lithium ferrous 8 cell battery.

got one in my r1.

The original battery in my 4XV died years ago and I replaced it with one made by 'Westco'.

it's a lead acid one, but one of the gel mat type ones. Fully sealed and arrived charged and ready to go in the bike. never had a problem with it and it must be getting on for 5 years old now. sorry I can't remember where I got it from, somewhere on line.

I don't have any mains power at my garage so when the bike is not being used I take it out and pop it on an optimate at home, to stop the alarm running it flat.

Cheers guys.

Is it normal for it to start going tits about now on a 4 year old bike? It seems to be ever since i installed the translogic dash.

Not sure. Mine was still on the original battery when i bought it in 2004, but until then it had always been plugged into an optimate.

it was ok for a year or so, until I left it for a few months over winter and it went completely flat, drained by the alarm. It never recovered and I bought a replacement soon after, probably about 5 years ago now, and it has been fine so far [touches wood]

I suspect the battery being on its last legs is more a temperature related thing, ie, it's got a bit cold out since you fitted the new dash. That's not to say your dash has caused the onset of autumn, but, just to be on the safe side, refit your old dash and see if we can get summer back. Thanks.

I suspect the battery being on its last legs is more a temperature related thing, ie, it's got a bit cold out since you fitted the new dash. That's not to say your dash has caused the onset of autumn, but, just to be on the safe side, refit your old dash and see if we can get summer back. Thanks.

This is the kind of logic I like.

Lawrence for PM

shit luck with the battery Steve, what about one of those ultra-lightweight ones?

Ive got a brand new never used seald battery in the shed, its yours if its any good to you, what type and amp is your and i'll check if this ones compatable... your for free, but you'll need to come collect it.

Ive got a brand new never used seald battery in the shed, its yours if its any good to you, what type and amp is your and i'll check if this ones compatable... your for free, but you'll need to come collect it.

Oooh, nice one... it's this one, as posted above by Big Bill...

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YUASA-YTZ10S-QUALITY-BATTERY-/180728818193?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2a1446ea11"]one

Not sure about numbers off the top of me noggin. The bike is elsewhere at the moment but I can double check the morra.

Does 12v 8.6ah sound right?

The likelyhood is that this'll be physically too big for the R1, the battery on mine is fairly small considering the size of the engine. The only other thing to bear in mind is which side the connectors are on and, due to the fact that it's a lead acid battery, make sure it has no leaks from the valve; if your R1 is anything like mine, the battery's held at about 45 degrees.

r1s had 2 different batteries changing in 04

from then it did use the ytz10s

Honda used 3 different on the blade

the strongest being the ytz10s

dimensions are 151x87 x93 h

so if van could measure these then

the jobs a goodun

hth

Cheers for the replies folks. So from what i'm seeing in those Photos and what Krazyk have said, It seems that your battery's proportions are not suitable, ..Unless my low level retardation has come back.

Cheers for checking anyway, VW

I'll just have to buy one then. I'll wait til the new season though. No sense fitting a new one and then not using it for 3 months.

Archived