Zxr750 L Forks, What Can I Use?

hipringle

Hello, I bought a zxr750 L track bike with upside downies, one of the fork legs is bent, are there any compatible forks I can search for, cheers in advance.

There's a big thread about how you can fit a zx7r front end. Personally, I'd do something with that involves proper brakes, ZX10R, post-00 blade, R1 etc, save being lumbered with the classic 'what tokico should I use' problem.

Cheers big guy but mine already has upside downies as standard unlike the earlier h model, I was just hoping maybe a zxr400 or zx9r might fit just to make choice a bit better, its just a minger I,m basically gonna fix to flog on cheap, its been rolled,flipped & dragged, probably more than once....

There isn't really any straight swap you can use for the L, it had 43mm forks, but nothing will just slot in, AFAIK.

However, over redmonkey.com/7r you'll find a few guys who have put a ZX-10R front end on them. Or one guy here who put a ZZ-R14 front end on it.

Have fun!

A

Blast, thanks Ascalon, dont want to spend much on it as its only a £400- £500 track bike I,ll keep an eye out , also need clip ons, mirror stay, right switchgear, bodywork lol...

I might break the twat if its gonna cost the earth to get track worthy again. Good point is the engine runs thats about it, its got spare set of wets & discs on wheels, £380 for the lot anyone?

I might break the twat if its gonna cost the earth to get track worthy again. Good point is the engine runs thats about it, its got spare set of wets & discs on wheels, £380 for the lot anyone?

Got someone coming to look at the GSXR on saturday, if it sells I may take you up on that.

(And if not I have a 7r front end here that needs rebuilding but has the parts there to make a good set of forks, and I have the yokes ready too. That takes the L forks up to RRM spec. The 7R forks go in the L MUCH easier than in that guide for the H too, as the H has a very long very thin stem, whereas the L and 7R stems are almost identical).

Or ask conica,

I might break the twat

I think that's a little harsh, he's OK really, it's his parent that I blame.

Archived