Small Bore Master Cylinder Needed

Kayla

I'm getting into building up my bike for Thunderbikes next year and need a small bore front brake master cylinder between 10 and 12mm to suit clip-ons. I'm only using one front disc and a single R1 gold spot axial caliper so the standard 14mm one will be too big. Can anyone point me in the direction of one that'd work please? :) I've done a bit of a Google but found nothing, and radial sizes and ratios confuse me.

I was wondering if one off an R125 would work?

I've got a 12mm Nissin off a cbr400 ( 2x2pot sliding calipers) that you can have for postage if you want to try it?

Yes please! PM sent :)

Those PT ones look lovely, but they're a bit out of my price range at the minute :icon_blackeye:

Aprilia RS125 ones go for peanuts, and, because you're posh etc, they say brembo on them. I'll have a root around tomrrow, see what I've got, but don't hold your hopes up, I think they've all gone now.

Aprilia RS125 ones go for peanuts, and, because you're posh etc, they say brembo on them. I'll have a root around tomrrow, see what I've got, but don't hold your hopes up, I think they've all gone now.

They're too big I think, aren't they 14mm?

If lorenzo cant find an rs125 front brake master cylinder then, when i get home next friday I will pick one out of my shed, Im sure I have a box of front master cylinders, hopefully there will be one thats complete

Not sure on the aprilia size but they're designed for a single 4 pot. Remember, it's not all about bore, it's lever ratio too.

...so the standard 14mm one will be too big....

Have you tried the 14mm m/c?

Most supermoto and aftermarket master cylinders are 16mm bore for use with a single four pot caliper. Might as well give yours a go if you've already got it!

Is this for the SZR by any chance?!

Have you tried the 14mm m/c?

Most supermoto and aftermarket master cylinders are 16mm bore for use with a single four pot caliper. Might as well give yours a go if you've already got it!

Is this for the SZR by any chance?!

Hi Dave,

Yes, it's for the SZR :) The gold spots use a 14mm master cylinder for two four pots which is why I want a smaller one to try first. The aftermarket stuff is generally for calipers with larger pistons than the gold or blue spots :( I think Alex's CBR m/c turned up today but we were out, so the postie took it back to his lair.

try the 14 buddy... Im a 13mm off a CRM250AR on with my Ducati 996 four pot brembo and it feels brilliant.

with a 14mm it should feel really nice, very light braking action :)

Archived