Project Cr(m)

CRMotard

yeah, Iv heard nothing but praise for Borut's ignitions.

On the otherhand my ignitech is brand new and is faulty

I demonstrated in a video that the ignition is getting a clear signal from the PV (position) which the ignition displays on my PC screen (also double checked with multi meter), and the Ignition provides a clear 12V signal to the servo when turned on but it does not follow the curve and is unable to provide -12V to spin backwards when required.

I sent this video to ignitech and got a silly reply back stating that the PV is not wired correctly because the servo is not sending a signal to the ignition, I asked him to watch the video to see the signal on my PC screen and have not had a reply back since.

So Im just going to buy the zeeltronic, and when it works when plugged into my current set up, I will post a lengthy thread on multiple forums detailing my experience in an informative and objective manner.

• 2 months later...

Finally scraped the cash together to repair the cylinder, purchase a new piston and decided to ditch the shitty Ignitech and replace it with a Zeeltronic.

I say shitty ingnitech in bold because the brand new ignition was faulty, It would not drive the power-valve conistantly.

Ignitech woudlnt provide any form of tech support apart from trying to cover their arse by saying its not their fault, so I wont be buying from them ever again.

Anyhow the cylinder has been sent of to the US, so I should have her up and running in just over a month.

then it will be time to go and scare some 450SMRs

yeah lean seized and locked the rear wheel at 100mph at the track...

not too much damage, but the piston took a tiny chip out of the nikasil which was a pain in the arse.

oooh salt on the wounds lozza,... :P

but you've gota admit, its a little confusing!

ticking the box should be turning the powerjet on, but its powering the solenoid on which shuts off the fuel supply!

• 2 months later...

getting ready to fire her up this fortnight with a fresh cylinder, new piston, some new porting techiques applied to the powervalve (trial only), and most importantly Ill have the jetting much richer this time and will be running a PV controller that works!

I just came back in from the shed where I made a batch up new head gaskets from thin copper sheeting, because its .15mm copper its a bitch to work with, almost as bad as If I had to machine it out of al-foil haha

yeah, no o-rings. We bought the lathe tool to add the oring groove but being a bigbore there just wasnt enough room for it on the cylinder!

it should stay together well this time. I actually cant beleive it lasted 40 mins of road racing being starved of fuel when the powerjet turned off!

with the EGT installed it will hopefully be pretty hard to fuck it up that badly again

Archived