Help! Gsxr 750k7 Throttle Woes

Arsix

Having only posted a few times, I hope the forum masses don't mind helping me out a bit. As the title suggest's I have a K7 750 and very nice it is too. That is until we get onto the topic of the throttle, or as I shall now refer to it, the 'fucking throttle'. Basically at low, mediumish revs the 'fucking throttle' response is terrible. Now the bike is fitted with a Remus end can thing which does away with the cat and makes a nice, but not offensive noise, its also fitted with a PCIII which is running the base map(bit skint at the moment). I have also serviced the bike, new plugs, cleaned the air filter, checked exhaust valve operation etc, but this made no difference. I tried changing the PCIII map to a setup similar to mine and again no difference, I then removed the PCIII bolted on the standard exhaust and yes you've guessed it, no difference so bolted the lot back on.

So one quick search later I come across a few topics on 'herky jerky' :tacheemoticonwh7: , so I set about checking the TPS as described. The line was in the middle but closing the throttle would sent the line to the bottom, I adjusted the TPS so the line was hovering between middle and top and went out again, the 'fucking throttle' was a little better but not much, I then adjusted the TPS so the line was just staying at the top and went out again, this felt better, although now on closing the throttle the exhaust was popping and back firing constantly, wonderfully antisocial but I'm not sure if that's good for the engine so the TPS was adjusted back to middle.

And thats where I am at the minute, having the week off work I am about to fit the standard exhaust and maybe take off the PCIII (although it would be nice to leave it on) so everything is as Suzuki intended and start from there.

Any suggestions from the PB fountain of knowledge would be greatly appreciated :icon_salut:

If it were me i would take off the TPS and clean it with electrical contact cleaner..These do get dirty over time and will give you symptoms you are describing.

Also when you tighten the TPS make sure the line is in the same place, they have a habit of moving when you tighten it up.

:thumbsup:

I'll get it cleaned as soon as I get some more contact cleaner :thumbsup:

In the meantime, Ive fitted the standard exhaust, reset the PC to the base map and double checked the TPS position in dealer mode, after a quick blat the throttle is better than before, smoother but there's still a subtle lag almost as though the problem has been masked not solved completely. The bike is plugged into the pooter now. Ive gone into set throttle position in the software, but when I reset values it informs me that the difference between open and closed values in below recommended limit, is this normal, I don't want to bugger anything up.

Thanks for the advice, keep it coming :beerchug:

Archived