Any Vauxhall Model 'c' Petrol Experts On Here?

Bernster

My 04 2.2 petrol Signum has just failed it's MOT on emissions, well that and a snapped offside rear spring.

Springs not a problem but there's an expensive question mark hanging over the emissions.

Now I'm told that apparently the lambda sensor isn't faulty as it's reading fluctuations of C02 levels, however the issue could point to either the CAT, (and it's expensive on this twin exhaust model) - or a problem with fueling, possibly the MAF sensor. The second idea would support the erratic tickover and lumpy idle on cold starts.

If it is a new CAT then I'm f**d and I won't be racing the last round of the EMRA Roadstocks this month due to a lack of ££££.

Any help much appreciated.

I'll ask some of the 'reccy lads in work tonight.

We built the Vectra with the 2.2 for 18 months or so, fingers crossed they remember that far back. thumbsup.gif

Symptoms sound like a MAF sensor fault to me, see if you can get one from a scrappy, it is probably shared with various other Vauxhall models (Vectra?).

The on board diagnostics usually spot a duff cat (engine light will illuminate) but often a faulty maf sensor won't show up.

Good luck!

Mike

Cheers chaps, MAF looks quite new and clean, but I guess they won't show signs of wear inside as they're sealed bit's of electricery.

I'll try cleaning out the EGR, (if the petrol has one) - and someone suggested throttle bodies. Then try the MAF replacement too and re-book the MOT.

You find that the hot wire inside the MAF gets dirty and starts to burn out, causing funny running conditions.

I personally wouldn't buy a 2nd hand one, i'd be loathe to buy a pattern part too.

I paid around £90 for an OE Pug one for my HDi Partner van.

Had all the same issues with my petrol zafira as you.

Changed the MAF tiny bit better, searched the net next best solution was the EGR valve, read all kinds of stuff about freeing them up or blanking them off in the end went to EuroCarParts and got a replacment about £70ish i think. Bingo ran like a dream after. Dont worry about pattern parts as if you search hard enough most vauxhall parts are made by same companys different boxes.

Some folk on the net say the coil packs can go and are not cheap I would go the EGR route first.

Archived