Carb Balancing Gsxr 1000 (k4)

Gixxerthou

OK, so I'd like a bit of light shed on this, balanced mine yesterday and it appears that you can only balance left and right pairs and not individually.

Does anyone know the reason why?

my left TB's are slightly out of synch with each other (couple of Mb's) and with my level of OCD I was frothing at the mouth when I realised there was no way of adjusting them.

Anyone?

:tumbleweed:

Its just how they are mate. As long as they are within 2cm Hg of each other that's ok.

You must make sure your valve clearances have been done or you wont get a TRUE reading.

Hope that helps a bit.

I'm not sure about a GSXR, but on my old yams, there is a screw between 1&2 and 3&4. When these are balanced with each other I then adjust the one in the middle of the two sets to bring them all in line.

I've got a carbtune if you need to borrow it (I'm Derby/Notts)

I did the valves a couple of years ago and haven't done many miles since.

I used a carbtune yesterday mate, but thanks for the offer!

I was just curious as to why you could only set them in pairs, after doing it to my TLS a few times it just seemed a bit wierd. Oh and the balance pipes are a PITA to get to.

TPS was a doddle to set though :thumbsup:

Nice how smooth it is after you've done it though innit. Balanced the Fazer today and all the roughness low down i thought was due to a slightly dubious stubby can and an old bike is gone.

Archived