Hello Ktm Experts!!!

jimbob

Having recently purchased a fine KTM supermoto Prestige, i was wandering if an LC4 Adventure fuel tank will go on without to much difficulty? I forgot about the crap tank range these bikes have, and it would be nice to go on a journey longer than 60 or so miles without the fear of running out in the middle of nowhere!! There's lots of 'middle of nowhere' places in deepest darkest Devon!! Anyway, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers dudes!

not sure it goes that easy. is your the grey engined model with the slightly droopy rear?

i have the older black engined lc4 and have 2 tanks, the little 11 litre one for mucking about with and a big 18 litre one for when i need some miles. in theory the 18 litre big tank should fit your model but you may have to have a seat to go with it (you might get away with the original) the 18 litre tanks to come up from time to time on ebay but tend to fetch good money.

to be honest the big tank is good at fuel range but i normally want to stop for a break after about 80 to 100 mi;es anyway as the vibrations start to get to you and seat feels like a scaffold pole after about 60 miles.

with the smaller standard tank

Image0639.jpg

only photo i can find of the big tank (this is how i originally got the bike before turning it black)

ktm_640_031.jpg

basically the same as mine then except you have a grey motor. you need to get a tank the same as mine them and your seat should fit both tank (mine does). keep an eye on ebay for 18 litre tanks but you will be lucky if you can find one for less than £130 and i find the bike doesnt handle so well with a full tank With the larger tank on

I have ann LC4 Adventure, 2007 model. I can measure anything you need me to but I cant actually answer your question for you, sorry.

If you are buying a tank off ebay, make sure it comes with all the taps and crossover pipes etc as these tanks have a funny crossover level balancing things going on.

Archived