Cbr Fork Swappage Experts

Cibbersicks

I've seen these on t'bay which have full Ohlins internals:

Clickety Click!

They are out of a 2006 machine, and visually are not that much different to mine. The uppers look the same, apart from being gold and the fork bottoms are ever so slightly different shape-wise.

Does anyone know if a 2008 wheel will fit in these forks? I'm pretty sure the uppers are the same diameter to fit in my 08 yokes, also they should be the same length.

Any ideas?

T

I saw those as well happy.gif

From what I've read about pre 07 CBR600RR's and their wheels is that rears fit all cbr6rr's from 03 to present. However, when it comes to fronts, 03-06 do not fit into 07 and onwards as they have a wider hub. There's a guy on 600rr.net (who's name escapes me) who has spent a shitload on doing his bike up over the years (Paul, seems to ring a bell). Anywho, IIRC he had a pair of Marchesinis on an 03 or 05 cbr6rr and wanted to keep them and stick them on his 07. He had to have the front skimmed either side so that the discs aligned correctly.

So the answer in short is no, they won't fit.

But the easy answer is get yourself an 03 - 06 front wheel and you should be right. Having said that, cbr6rr front wheels command a premium as plenty of folk snap them up for spare wets sets, so you could be looking at £150-200 for just a front wheel. Though you could keep an eye out for one with a dinged rim and get it fixed for around £50.

Yeh I understand about the premium set on 600rr wheels - I spent £450 on a set of wheels earlier in the year... Ridiculous!

Hmm I guessed this was the case, I'd read about the rears being the same but the fronts being sightly different. I recall Paul46's thread on 600rr.net but I wasn't aware that his wheels where off an 05-06.

Something will crop up soon enough. I would really like a full Ohlins front end like DocJohn used to have on his Fireblade, still using the original wheel/yokes

Clicky!

I've got the full Ohlins upgrade on my forks, I'm led to believe that they're not that much different to having cartridges in, and for the difference in money and what I'd get out of them, I think I've spent wisely.

If I were you I'd either go for the same set up or keep your eyes peeled for closeout sales in the States.

Archived