Rear Wheel Removal

hoona6

can i recommend a helper to steady the bike with the rear brake applied, and also some sort ov lever added to said breaker bar. think scaffold pole...

then it will know you are in charge. :icon_salut:

Triumph single sider innit hoona ?, I've hung my 15st off a 4 foot scaffold pole/breaker bar combo and still not been able to remove my Speed Triple nut, had to wait for a garage to open with an air gun, good luck.

just had a thought, isn't only supposed to be done up to 20Nm or something silly like that, with the spring-cllip holding it in place?

Jaycee me too. £10.90 And 146nm..

Greg, I'll swear at it some more tomorrow morning before admitting defeat. I want a windy gun.

Huzzah. Thanks to my immense strength (pfft) I got the fecker off this morning.

Big :thumbsup: to Protyre in Fareham who sorted me out with a 45 minute fit to loose wheels; new valves, balanced and carried to and from the car for £20 this morning. Recommended.

Next time you have a crash and spazz up your forks, keep the old bent tube*, it's a perfect little extension for these kinds of situations.

*My old VFR is the bike that keeps on giving

Wondered what had happened to that. I must have missed this little episode when I had my flounce a coupla years back.

Only saw it the once at Cadwell but liked it. :icon_salut:

Next time you have a crash and spazz up your forks, keep the old bent tube*, it's a perfect little extension for these kinds of situations.

I have some stainless steel tubing that was a speaker stand for a now-dead surround system. The speakers got binned along with the amplifier, but I kept the tubing as I knew it would come in handy. Just fits nicely over the breaker bar of my socket set. Currently I have "on loan" a 3 foot long shifter that made rear wheel nut removal possible when nobody had a 46mm socket.

Wondered what had happened to that. I must have missed this little episode when I had my flounce a coupla years back.

Only saw it the once at Cadwell but liked it. :icon_salut:

It appeared in the mag at the same time that teh fooleree offered his zx7r. I thought that the mag was good advertising, stuck it on ebay and I sold it for about £250 less than I paid in total, which I don't think was too bad, then I bought the big 7.

It appeared in the mag at the same time that teh fooleree offered his zx7r. I thought that the mag was good advertising, stuck it on ebay and I sold it for about £250 less than I paid in total, which I don't think was too bad, then I bought the big 7.

Ahhh. Tout est devenu clear. :icon_salut:

Archived