Quickshifter

Callahan

Had a shot of my mates's CBR600RR with his new Power Commander/Quick Shifter set up and I'm hooked! I'm fully aware of what little use it is on the road but it's probably the best mod I've ever used in terms of smiles!

I've got a GSXR600K1, what's the easiest/cheapest way to get one? Mate managed to get his power commander and quickshifter on eBay fairly cheap. Do the older model power commanders work with the quickshifter?

Yeah what they said. Works on upshifts only or you'd be into "blipper boxes", trick ecus etc. Amazing fun on the way up though. I've since discovered that Dynojet do a standalone Quickshifter that works on any bike with stick type coils for £260. I can see a wee pay day purchase coming up. Must hold off till next month, must hold off till next month...

Yeah what they said. Works on upshifts only or you'd be into "blipper boxes", trick ecus etc. Amazing fun on the way up though. I've since discovered that Dynojet do a standalone Quickshifter that works on any bike with stick type coils for £260. I can see a wee pay day purchase coming up. Must hold off till next month, must hold off till next month...

Where can I find such a beastie? Will it work on carbed bikes?

Looks like it works on Carbed Bikes too Timbo:

Stand alone Ignition Quickshifter (fits both carburettor & EFI bikes)

Description Part Number Price Comment

IGNTION QUICKSHIFTER MODULE WITH INTELLISHIFT 4-112 £264.00

I read somewhere that it works on any bike with individual stick type coils.

http://www.dynojet.co.uk/quickshifters/quick-shifters.php

HM Racing is by far the smoothest quickshifter I have ever had. I wouldnt bother with Dynojet or Techtronic again. I am quite tempted by those Bazzaz boxes but their quickshifter is reputed to be worse than the HM one too.

I've got a Dynojet QS on my RR4 which works fine. MY OH has the HM one on his K7 750 which I have ridden and don't find as smooth as the Dynojet one. I believe it's something to do with the HM only cutting 4 of the injectors whereas the DJ one cuts all 8. However I may be talking total bollocks.

Archived