Mobile Phone Chager

Devon

The Girlfriend has one of those honda pantheon maxiscooters for work but she keeps complaining that her phone battery is dying and she has no way of charging it. so is there any way of wiring in a phone charger to the battery? and how do I stop it from taking a charge when its not in use. I have a blackberry car charger hanging around if thats any good?

Buy this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Car-Cigarette-Lighter-Socket-12V-/140349727531?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item20ad7ee32b

Drill a hole somewhere under the seat maybe, mount it and hook it up the battery via a fuse. You can get fancy and fit a switch or even a relay to disconect it when the ign is off but I'd just go straight on the battery and remember to unplug whatevers plugged into it when not riding.

Cheers, I will take a look at that. Im thinking of fitting it the way you said and then if shes constantly draining the battery then I will put a relay in. Could you explain to me what relay I will need? and where to connect it.

Just a standard automotive relay, just search 12v 4 pin relay on ebay. Basically, the relay is just a switch, but instead of manually turning it on, 12v turns it on. You break the feed to your cigarette lighter socket with the switched side of the relay, and use a switched circuit on the bike to power the other side of the relay.

Archived