Suspension Dyno Electronics Trouble

Partymoose

Hi all

I'm currently in the process of building a shock dyno to test out some suspension components. I've made good progress so far, with the design and physical creating process having been completed, I'm in the early testing/debugging stages now. I'm having trouble with the electronics though, and I was wondering if anyone on here knows much in the way of electrical/electronic systems? Unfortunately, it's not my area of expertise so I'm struggling a bit!

I've got a three phase motor, which is plenty powerful for what I'm doing and runs nice and smoothly over a wide range of RPM's. However, when I start the motor running, suddenly I get loads of interference with my load cell, LVDT, and thermocouple sensors, making the data I collect pretty useless. I'm wondering if there's a way of minimising the electrical interference at all? I'm certainly no electrician, so any help would be most appreciated!

If it helps I can add some screen shots of how the data is coming out of the logger.

Thanks

Moose

Thanks Mark, I modelled my dyno on some of theirs actually, so I sent them an email asking if they knew of a way to get round it. I'm pretty sure it's a capacitor thing, but I need some guidance on the issue as to what goes where.

Archived