Nc30 Wheel Change Over

INGO

Hi looking for help.I have an NC30 race bike and want to change the wheel to 17 instead of 18.Want to see is their much into it and what wheel fits.Thanks in advance.

An RVF400 NC35 wheel goes straight on. That is the easiest option.

You can modify a Honda Bros rear wheel to fit or the other better option is to machine the hub and add 4 wheel studs to fit a vfr750 5 spoke rear wheel which is a 5" rim so good for 160 tyres.

If i fit the NC35 wheel do i have to modify the suspension linkage or just change the wheel?

you will probably have to adjust the rear ride height to compensate for the smaller wheel.

If i fit the NC35 wheel do i have to modify the suspension linkage or just change the wheel?

Fit a NC35 linkage to compensate for the height difference, or weld up and re drill the mounting hole. I think you make it 8mm shorter to give the correct ride height. Dont be tempted to make it any shorter for more height as our run into clearance problems, if you want it higher then look at adjustable shocks.

Delvic (I think that's the name anyway) do a 17 incher, had one on my race bike with no adjustment

• 2 weeks later...

You might get more of a idea and help from the 400greybike forum and guy called Rick Oliver. Really helpful guy and used to sell kits for this type of conversion. Best of luck

Archived