Help On Parts For A Project

speedyandypandy

Hi fellow PB readers.

Norwegian bikeaddict that's finally got the guts to go from trackdays to racedays, when/if my 1979 replica project can get done that's is, and unfortunately on a limited budget.

A Honda CB 750 Kz 1979, DOHC engine, turned into a RCB/RS 1000 look-a-like.

Norway isn't big on special parts builders, and is just to expensive for my liking(mostly my wifes liking), and with an uncle in Shrewsbury I can buy stuff in UK, have them sent to him and bring a load over when his garage is filled up.

The reason I post is that I don't know what companies in the UK I can trust.That's what I hope you can help me with.

The list of things I need/want, ALU Fuel tank, a good engine blueprinter/tuner, suspension service/modificatiion on some old ceriani forks and other helpful stuff.

Any and all help is much appreciated, and could well be paid back with a pint, if I ever get to escape the house long enough to get the bike(s) in the van and drive of to a pb trackday sometime before 2020(no ferry crossing between UK and Norway).

Cheers

-Andy

Edit* typo

If you do a search on suspesion companies then I'm sure you'll find a list of people who've been dealt with on here, some with varying degrees of success, but MCT, maxton, reactive all seem to crop up regularly. How good they'll be with older forks like yours is anybodies guess though I suppose.

Thanks guys, and another cool forum to loose hours on....sweet......my wife will dislike you thefatman....cheers

Do keep tips flowing..... I need to get this racer started/finished, my dad doesn't have enough gray hairs yet.

Maxton can build modern cartridges into those forks. Rebound and preload hides under a dummy cap at the top, keeps them looking period. Compression damping is adjusted by making an axle with drill holes in them so that you can get a 3mm hex key up into the fork bottoms. Ask them nicely and they can even do a Nitrogen filled sack in there as well.

Not that I'd know anybody that races bikes of this period at the top level and has found out how to cheat like everybody else does. :ph34r:

That would be unfair......*grin* Thank you Mark, I would never use that to my advantage, I have a friend, I will get "his" forks done that way. :eusa_whistle:

Archived