Suzuki Pair Valve Mod And Set Valve Mod

dawnrazor

A little while ago, I posted that my GSXR1000K6 was running rough as guts, I've had a yoshi end pipe on it for a couple of years, it ran okay when I put on first, always hunted a bit while idling but for the most part it was okay. Recently it has been running very rough, popping and backfiring on deceleration and cutting out at idle. So I had it in the garage and they put the yoshi box on it and it's a better now, but it seems to be very random now as to when it acts up.

In one of the replies I think mille mille suggested that the SET or PAIR valve might be at fault.

I've done a bit of research about the PAIR valve, essentially it seems to be an emissions thing that injects filtered air into the exhaust to burn off any unburnt fuel, and by blocking it off gives a true Air fuel reading for starters and gets rid of the backfires etc.

I haven't been able to find much out about the SET valve modifications or conditions that might cause the problems that I've been experiencing.

If anyone has done any of these mods, or has had similar problems, could you maybe write up a step by step.

I'm due to put a PCV on the bike next week, and thought at least doing the PAIR valve mod might be very worth while.

All advance greatly appreciated.

Cheers

PAIR mod to the K5/6 is all over the 'merican GSX-R forums. A quick Google should be all it takes.

Archived