Hyperpro / Progressive Springs

thorlz

Looking at sending my rear shock off to be serviced and resprung to my weight. I was also looking at getting front springs to suit.

Most place I have spoke to are happy to do the rear shock, but are relucant to offer advice about front springs/oil weight/level unless they do the work. I can understand why.

This has got me thinking about a hyperpro combi kit, with rear +front spring+oil +setup sheet.(still getting the rear shock serviced though).

The bike is for road use only, has anyone used progressive springs or has anyone got any other advice.

(Sorry for shite spelling/grammer, on my phone at the moment)

I had a hyperpro combi spring kit on a YZF600, and to be honest I thought it was crap.I would have a look on racetech.com's website to find the correct weight springs for you and go for a linear rate spring to suit. If you're wanting to get your forks re-valved as well then I'd recommend Reactive suspension near York.

I know of two people who've had progressive springs. The first was a RVF400 and it was apparently a pain to set up. The second was some heavy old wobbler of a bmw boxer, the owner loved them.

I think that if your suspension is adjustable then it's not really worth it but if it's not then there could be some advantage.

Archived