Rearsets - advice on fitting

tonk

Got some tasty rearsets from Santa, I can see where everything is supposed to go but wondered if there were any tips for easy fitment that you guys with experience might have?

I'm guessing its best to fit them fairly loose before going to town with the threadlock?

And do I need to keep the brake reservoir suspended at all times or can I let it dangle on the hose during fitting?

Thanks guys - must admit I'm a little apprehensive, want to do them justice by fitting them as well as I can, first time :blush:

Yeah wouldn't loctite them till you're happy with the positon of them :blush:

Dont let the brake cylinder dangle (Just bungie/tie it up out of the way till ready) the air gap will be at brake line end and you'll end up with air in your brake line and they wont work :lol:

Yeah wouldn't loctite them till you're happy with the positon of them :D

Dont let the brake cylinder dangle (Just bungie/tie it up out of the way till ready) the air gap will be at brake line end and you'll end up with air in your brake line and they wont work :thumbsup:

See, power of the forum! Thanks jolly :lol:

Bit concerned about having an extra tie-rod, hope it doesn't make shifting too baggy. (The cassette gearbox is high up and already has one vertical tie-rod down to the existing lever, the rear-sets then have another back to its own lever. Does the angle between the two rods have any bearing on response? I guess getting as close to 90 degrees is the optimum?) And what sort of grease, if any, is recommended? The pivots are on bearings but there's exposed knuckle joints on the tie-rods.

Sorry for all the questions, first time with these! This is them... by the way, ignore that gruesome blue reservoir, mine's standard

2_BMW_K1200R_big.jpg4_BMW_K1200R_big.jpg

Archived