Bandit 1200 Reverse Shift Pattern.

Bernster

My race bike is race shift pattern, my old Bandit 1200 road bike however isn't and I don't want to add the worry of shifting incorrectly when racing so would like to swap the Bandit over to reverse shift too.

The link rod can easily be rotated over but it hit's the side stand switch. Does anyone know of another link rod that would fit and get past the side stand switch?

Failing that I'll move the side stand switch and solder the wires together. I've heard of VStrom link rods having a more angled link which will clear the problem, anyone have any idea?

*Edit: late night iPhone posts are not a good idea.

Slingshot GSXR's have a similar issue. The options are either as mentioned find a knuckle that fits onto the motor with a larger offset to clear the switch (check it's the same length though because if there is too much difference it'll affect the distance you have to move the lever to change gear), remove the sidestand switch or fit some rearsets from an R1/R6 or similar with a gear linkage which attaches above the lever. Hope this helps, Ben.

Slingshot GSXR's have a similar issue. The options are either as mentioned find a knuckle that fits onto the motor with a larger offset to clear the switch (check it's the same length though because if there is too much difference it'll affect the distance you have to move the lever to change gear), remove the sidestand switch or fit some rearsets from an R1/R6 or similar with a gear linkage which attaches above the lever. Hope this helps, Ben.

Cheers chap, I'll keep my eyes open for a seconhand set of rearsets.

Archived