Lambda Sensor

TheGoat

I shall be procuring a used power commander and Akra Y-pipe for the 07 R1 in the coming months, and i am unsure as to what to do with the lambda sensor.

Every map i've seen on the PC111 web site is for a set-up which involes the Lambda sensor being disconnected. I've seen the pipe, and it has a big bolt in it. blocking where the sensor goes as he never used it, i think this is fairly common and it is how the pipe comes when new (i think).

Do any of you know what you are to do with the sensor on this particular model? If i just disconnect the sensor and do nothing with it, will it not throw up a fault code?

Come on, some of you 07 owners must of fitted these at some point?...

Cheers mate. I found this on another forum, its from Dynojet in response to an email to the same question (and slightly more) that i asked above...

"The o2 sensor should be disconnected so that the Power Commander can tune the normally closed loop areas of the engine range. We do this for every bike and don't normally note it on the map files. Our European tuners might want to note it on their map descriptions. There is no need for an o2 sensor eliminator on this model bike. You can simply unplug the stock o2 sensor."

Also i managed to speak to my mate last night, and he said he disconnected the sensor and ran the PC111 no problem. So i'll give it a bash and see what happens.

Also i managed to speak to my mate last night, and he said he disconnected the sensor and ran the PC111 no problem. So i'll give it a bash and see what happens.

If the ecu looks for the lambda sensor and its not there it will have a mardy ( tech term )but its usually on light throttle on a steady cruise after a few minutes , please yourself

Archived