Srad750 Engine Faults

feetuplad

Hi,

No doubt this has been covered on here before now but I've been fishing about and can't quite find enough. I've an SRAD 750 (carbed) and wondered what, if any, are the main common faults - things to look out for when stripping the motor and home servicing?

Gear shift is stiffer than I think it should be and there's a slight rattle from the head but otherwise I'm happy it's sturdy.

Cheers

OEM Cam chain tensioners are a bit iffy, get a manual one in there. Carbs, as stock are quite lean and hence will give a snatchy response if you put a posh can on etc. Front brakes are a bit iffy but can be upgraded to only mildly iffy with new calipers/master cyl. Lots of people report electrical probs due to corroded connections, especially on the reg/rec where it connects under your left thigh (when sat on the bike, not just looking at it). On later bikes there's a bunch of connnections on the left air intake, I think this is only on the injected bikes and 600's, certainly my carbed 750 has the fusebox and all connectors in the middle. Obviously, on a bike this age, the suspension will be fairly worn too. Other than that, have fun.

Archived