Not The Best Start To The Day

srad34

:eusa_whistle: Not the best start to the day.......cambelt related!

Picture the scene...

7am Beautiful morning in Lincolnshire, new battery, fuelled up and up to temp by the time I get to my favourite roads, friends ZX9R and 07 Blade in the mirrors, loving the twisty stuff.

Roll on 25mins, pulled up to a junction, down to one cylinder, aw bugger. Roadside strip much to my pals mirth this reveals knackered plug. So I managed to limp home and get the bodywork off.....

Something just does not feel right. Here's why.....

DSCF7121.jpg

C'mon take a closer look...

DSCF7122.jpg

This was from the vertical cylinder, looks as if I had too much tension, fitted by yours truly a couple of weeks ago using the Facom tension tool, 500 odd miles done since.

So with tears in my eyes, I stripped down the top end, inspected everything, but no damage found, good compression. Hmmm. Fitted a temp cambelt, reset the timing and put back together with new plugs and fuel pipe o rings.

She started first time, dare I say it, actually running better than before. Lucky escape??

The weird thing is, does this put me off or send me running back to the Japside? No, not a bit :eusa_dance:

Yew lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky barsteward!

Definetaly a bit of a knack fitting Ducati belts!

Definetaly a bit of a knack fitting Ducati belts!

Which Srad34 has yet to learn :eusa_think:

Lucky you!!

just saw this also on another forum, as was said there, perhaps the tensioner was wound round the wrong way?

just saw this also on another forum, as was said there, perhaps the tensioner was wound round the wrong way?

+1

Yep, gotta check to make sure the tensioner pulley is adjusted correctly. If you do it the wrong way the belts can touch between the fixed roller and the adjuster roller. Not Good!

Anyway, u is a lucky boy, lol.

Archived