Strange Click When Rotating Rear Wheel...

Timbo S2

Whilst cleaning and lubing chain, I noticed that as I turned the rear wheel I could hear and feel a slight click. Any ideas? Chain? Gearbox? Nothing to worry about?

did it click once per wheel revolution if so then it is sprocket or wheel bearing.

Could be per front sprocket revolution, will check. Chain and sprockets look in good codition, chain tension appears fine...

You sure its not just the chain engaging with the sprockets? That would make a tick noise as its metal against metal. Its it still there or as bad after you lubed your chain?

Oh dear Tim, I'm sorry to say but it sounds like your engine is on it's last legs.

Luckily have this sitting in my garage with your name on it...

Picture001-6.jpg

Picture004-6.jpg

Just let me know were you want it delivered...:eusa_whistle::icon_blackeye::lol:

Is the bike on a paddock stand when it makes the noise ???

If so see if the inside of the stand cups are touching rear sprocket/sprocket nuts. As the stand may have slipped backwards down the swingarm.

Innes, if my numbers were to come up then I'd take you up on that in an instant!

Think it's the front sprocket, have a few spare so will change it next weekend. May change overal gearing whilst I'm at it...

I was gonna suggest that! I've got two wrists that click when you rotate them.

Well, so long as you don't have a third that doesn't, you're not in bad shape.

Archived