Paint Problem

Devon

This is the paintwork on my nissan micra, for some reason the laquer is failing and is making crack marks in it, when you rub your fingers across it, its feels rough. what is it and how can I sort it out, I want to sell it but cant with this problem as its all over one side and seems to be spreading. can I just rub it out and the respray the laquer? suggestions please.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNzA3LTAwMTI2LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNzA3LTAwMTI1LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNzA3LTAwMTI0LmpwZw.jpg

can I just rub down the affected area, or just take the lacquer off? I dont really want to spend loads of money on a respray when the intention is to sell it.

you could try a realy good clear wax,leave it on and see if it sinks in and then polish it off,it is hard this to put right,as if you just laquer over it it may react with this under neith,best go see a paint shop if the polish does not help it.

Looks like a bad respray to me. Needs to be taken back and redone IMO. Not sure if you could use 1500/2000 grit and run the affected areas back then blow in with some lacquer..Then polish the heck out of it. Or rub it back and t-cut n polish it all.

Depends how confident you are mate..

if it were me i would rub it all back and lacquer it all... No easy way i'm afraid mate.

Archived