Dent In Frame

gsxr renegade

Does anyone know if a bike will fail an MOT because of a dent in the frame? It’s nothing major, just a very slight dent where the forks have contacted the frame in a crash.

I think its one of those things that. yes it should fail but will the tester notice it or fail it for it? prolly not.

I remember reading years ago in PB in a Blade buying guide

If it does fail the slap a frame protector over the dent. if they cant see it they cant fail it.

I think its one of those things that. yes it should fail but will the tester notice it or fail it for it? prolly not.

I remember reading years ago in AN ARTICLE IN SOME OTHER MAG. If it does fail the slap a frame protector over the dent. if they cant see it they cant fail it.

Fix that for ya before some one comes along to spank you. :pbtwerplr3:

As for the aforementioned question then it depends how deeply boshed the frame is. My frame has a little war wound in the same sort of place and it hasn't failed an MOT yet.

I seem to remember that unless it's creased or a weld it cracked it will pass :eusa_think:

But as said stick a frame protector over it and jobs a carrot!

Cheers for the replies chaps. I may just stick something over it to be sure.

Pop it down to me , I'll have a gander and letcha know

Thanks fella. I may just do that. :thumbsup:

8.30 to 5.oo , ask for nige and just say he's advising me on summat for my mot , we may even have a space to do it for you !

8.30 to 5.oo , ask for nige and just say he's advising me on summat for my mot , we may even have a space to do it for you !

Brill. Thanks mate - i've got tomorrow afternoon off to pick up some parts for my Triumph so i'll probably pop over towards the end of the afternoon. :thumbsup:

edited to add: Be prepared though - the bike looks like an utter shed!

Archived