Suspension Tools

tonk

My new bike is the first I've had for years with 'real' suspension (HP2 Sport, Ohlins front and rear). There are some tools with the bike for fiddling but they're a bit, er, thingy. Are there any dedicated tools out there specifically for twiddling with shocks etc? Suppose I'll need some stands to get the weight off the suspension too. Harris do a nice pair of footpeg stands but not sure how to get the bike on to them to start with!

My new bike is the first I've had for years with 'real' suspension (HP2 Sport, Ohlins front and rear). There are some tools with the bike for fiddling but they're a bit, er, thingy. Are there any dedicated tools out there specifically for twiddling with shocks etc? Suppose I'll need some stands to get the weight off the suspension too. Harris do a nice pair of footpeg stands but not sure how to get the bike on to them to start with!

Not much choice but to lift the bike up by a couple of trustworthy mates!

BMW do a specific stand to fit the rear end as the hub has an especially large hole - ooh eeerr!

We have one of these bad boys in at work at the moment, It looks like the Ohlins shocks are BMW special customer items, rather than Ohlins aftermarket items, therefore BMW will be able to supply the correct tools for the job. I may be wrong but they look like you do need a specific tool to adjust the rear preload, not just your usual C Spanner...

To get the gs up onto a set of axle stands on the pegs I simply lean the bike over a bit, put the first one under, then then it the other way, lifting it up enough to put the 2nd one on.

Archived