Rebuilding Shocks?

Pinkbike1

Does anyone know if it's possible to rebuild a standard Showa shocker from a 2000 929 Fireblade,if it is who would you recommend? Thanks.

Dont know if its possible to do that shock, bt I would heartilly recomend MCT, and if you give them a ring they will know if it is possible and will also happily discuss what you want/need, how long it will take and how much it will cost.

Top Chaps that they are !

Does anyone know if it's possible to rebuild a standard Showa shocker from a 2000 929 Fireblade,if it is who would you recommend? Thanks.

If it's got a remote reservoir with a valve, like a tyre valve, on it, then yes, dead easy. If it's got a reservoir without a valve, then yes, but it's a bit trickier and it'll come back with a valve on it. If it's not got a remote reservoir, then sorry, I don't know. I'd recommend using reactive from near york, nice bloke.

Thanks for the replies guy's,not sure whether shock has reservoir will check when I get home tonight,funnily enough both recommended firms I'd been looking at :thumbsup:

Dunno about Blades but know that you definately can't rebuild the showa that was on the Ducati. Pretty sure it was becausse i couldnt find anyone that did rebuild showas. Possibly they're just harder to find.

So i got an ohlins.

If it's got a remote reservoir with a valve, like a tyre valve, on it, then yes, dead easy. If it's got a reservoir without a valve, then yes, but it's a bit trickier and it'll come back with a valve on it. If it's not got a remote reservoir, then sorry, I don't know. I'd recommend using reactive from near york, nice bloke.

Yeah ring Gareth at Reactive Suspension. Top bloke. He's done all my suspension work and I've never had any problems.

You can rebuild standard shocks. However, a knowledgable friend tells me that, for the time and expense involved, you are better getting hold of a previously used Penske/Ohlins etc and having that rebuilt instead.

You can rebuild standard shocks. However, a knowledgable friend tells me that, for the time and expense involved, you are better getting hold of a previously used Penske/Ohlins etc and having that rebuilt instead.

Funny,MCT told me the opposite when I was looking at a Penske as long as the original was in reasonable nick;although that would be primarily for the road,would be different for racing I would have thought.

Oh and this months issue has an article about MCT re-building a very knackered SRAD shock.

Funny,MCT told me the opposite when I was looking at a Penske as long as the original was in reasonable nick;although that would be primarily for the road,would be different for racing I would have thought.

Oh and this months issue has an article about MCT re-building a very knackered SRAD shock.

I suppose it depends whether the shock is going to be rebuilt to standard, or completely reworked internally.

Archived